Program Info: Beliefs and Philosophy
The counselor at Taylor Elementary School believes:
· All students have dignity and worth
· All students have the right to participate in the school counseling program
· All students’ ethnic, cultural, racial, sexual differences and special needs are considered in planning and implementing the school counseling program
And that the TES comprehensive school counseling program should:
· Be based on specified goals and developmental student competencies for all students
· Be planned and coordinated by school counselor(s) in collaboration with other stakeholders (school staff, parent or guardian and community representatives)
· Utilize the many combined resources of the community to deliver programs
· Collaborate with stakeholders to monitor students’ results
· Use data to drive program development and evaluation.
Privacy and confidentiality are essential to having an effective school counseling program. Taylor Elementary recognizes the importance of good communication and good working relationships between students, parents, and the school. Therefore, every effort will be made to protect student and parent privacy rights except under certain limited conditions. These conditions generally included safety issues (harm to self and/others), legal issues, and professional responsibilities (see the ASCA Ethical Standards for School Counselors at www.schoolcounselor.org).